This is a different kind of rice that will appeal to your senses. The taste & smell of mango add more interest to this recipe.
1. Basmati rice- 1 cup
2. Raw Mango (Totapuri variety)-2 small sized or 1 big
3. Green chillies-2 to 3
4. Oil-3 tsp
6. Urad dhal-1 tsp
7. Channa dhal-1 tsp
8. Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
9. Asafoetida as per taste
10. Curry leaves as per taste
11. Salt as per taste
1. Cook the rice separately with required amount of salt.
2. Peel the mango & grate it using a wide eyed grater.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dhal & channa dhal.
5. When the dhals turn golden brown add the green chillies & curry leaves.
6. Add the turmeric powder & grated mango.
7. Next add the asafoetida. Fry till the water from mango evaporates.
8. Add the cooked rice & remove from fire.
9. Mix well & serve.